Nexo users can now top up USD via wire transfer.
What is the minimum/maximum amount I can transfer, and are there any fees?
- The minimum amount you can transfer is 10 USD.
- The maximum top-up amount is currently limited to 2 000 000 USD (two million).
- Nexo does not charge a fee for wire transfers; however, your bank might. That is why we recommend checking with your bank regarding any transfer fees.
How long will it take before the funds are credited to my account?
- Wires sent from the US generally take 1-2 business days to be reflected in your account.
- Wires sent from other countries typically take longer to process - up to 3 business days.
- USD is processed instantly once it reaches Nexo.
More info about USD transfers:
- To make USD transfers, you must first have a fully verified Nexo account. Please refer to dedicated Basic and Advanced verification articles for more details.
- Your wire transfer will be converted to USDx stablecoins at a 1-to-1 ratio and credited to your Nexo account.
- You will be able to use USDx to earn up to 12% annual interest, use it to buy Bitcoin, Etherium and other coins or repay a loan if you have one.
How to top up my USD wallet via wire transfer?
To transfer USD via wire transfer, please go to our web platform, click on the USD Wallet > Top Up and follow the instructions.
- You will be asked to provide the bank account details, which you will use for sending a transfer. It's imperative that the bank account (number and routing) and sender (first, last name, and billing address) information provided at the time of bank account creation exactly matches the information received on the wire transfer details (what the sender bank transmits). When there are mismatches, we are obliged to fail the payment and return the funds.
- After, you will be shown detailed wiring instructions. Please, don't forget to indicate the correct bank wire transfer details when making a payment.
- It is essential to include the tracking reference value on the reference field when prompted for it by your bank. Failure to indicate the tracking reference makes it difficult, in some instances - impossible to reconcile the payment. Therefore, such transfers might be returned to the sender.
- Please select your bank account, which you will use for sending a USD wire transfer.
- Don’t transfer funds from a third-party bank account. The bank account must be held in your name.
Here's a quick guide on how to find your routing number. For US bank accounts - please make sure you are entering a routing number for wire transfers, not for ACH (automated clearing house payment systems). You can check if you're using the correct routing number for wire here.
The above information is also displayed after you click on the "Top UP" button:
For instructions on how to edit your bank account for USD top-ups, please check this article.
Unsupported bank accounts
We currently cannot support wire payments originating from bank accounts that require For Further Credit (FFC) instructions. In an FFC payment, the money is sent to the final beneficiary via an intermediary bank which obfuscates the bank account sender information.
Examples of these bank accounts are brokerage and investment accounts, accounts that leverage third-party payment processors, accounts with money transfer services, and challenger banks without their own banking license, like Revolut or Wise (formerly TransferWise).
Supported Countries for Wire Transfers
Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands (the), Chad, Chile, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Holy See (the), Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kenya, Korea (the Republic of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Mozambique, Netherlands (the), New Zealand, Niger (the), Norway, Peru, Philippines (the), Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates (the), United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the), United States Minor Outlying Islands (the), United States of America (the), Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Important: our Earn product is temporarily unavailable for:
- All clients residing in the state of New York (effective August 16, 2021)
- Clients residing in the states of Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas, New Jersey, Alabama and Washington who have signed up after August 2, 2021