Follow these simple steps and start earning up to 12% compounding interest on your idle crypto:
1. Log in to your secure Nexo account.
2. Transfer assets into your Nexo Wallet.
Earn on Crypto is available for BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, EOS, XLM, BCH, USDT, USDC, TUSD, DAI, PAX, HUSD, LINK, TRX, PAX Gold, BNB with more assets coming soon!
Important! Please note that Nexo does not support wrapped coins that are pegged to (i.e., represent) coins from another blockchain. Тransferring such assets to your Nexo account will result in permanent loss. Make sure to always transfer BTC/BCH native as well as ETH, NEXO, USDT, USDC, TUSD, DAI, PAX, LINK, PAXG, and HUSD created on the Etherium blockchain.
3. Earn! You will start earning compounding interest after a minimum of 24 hours of your transfer. All interest is paid out daily.
Your interest is automatically paid into your Savings Wallet so that next day you begin earning interest on it too.
4. Enjoy your high-yield passive income.
Please note that assets held in your Credit Line Wallet (used as collateral) will not earn interest.
What are the interest rates (APY)?
Your interest rate is determined by:
1. Your Loyalty tier.
2. The type of interest payout.
- if the interest earned is paid in kind (the same cryptocurrency), then there is no additional bonus
- if the interest earned is paid in NEXO Tokens, then you receive a +2% bonus on interest on all your holdings
How is your interest calculated?
Your interest is credited into your Savings Wallet daily and is then calculated in your upcoming interest transactions.
Daily Interest = Principal amount (in original cryptocurrency) x (APY/365)
Calculations based on 1000 XRP deposit.
1. If you are in the Platinum tier and have chosen to earn interest in NEXO Tokens your annual interest will be 8% (6% + 2%) and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 XRP x 0.02108743% = 0.2108743 XRP (which will be converted to USD and then to NEXO Tokens)
2. If you are in the Platinum tier and you have chosen to earn interest in kind (same cryptocurrency), then your annual interest will be 6% and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 XRP x 0.01596535% = 0.1596535 XRP
3. If you are in the Base tier and have chosen to earn interest in NEXO Tokens your annual interest will be 7% (5% + 2%) and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 XRP x 0.01853833% = 0.1853833 XRP (which will be converted to USD and then to NEXO Tokens)
4. If you are in the Base tier and you have chosen to earn interest in kind (same cryptocurrency), then your annual interest will be 5% and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 XRP x 0.01336806% = 0.1336806 XRP
Important: Your interest rate (APY) will be adapted according to your current Loyalty tier which may vary depending on your Nexo-to-Portfolio ratio. Kindly note that the latter is influenced by the current market price of your assets including the NEXO Token.
How can I calculate the Nexo token staking required for higher interest rates?
You will need to stake NEXO Tokens worth 10% of the total value of assets to be eligible for higher interest rates. In other words, you have to be in the Platinum tier of our Loyalty Program.
The exact amount of NEXO Tokens required for the bonus interest rates in any given moment will depend on the token price and will be displayed in the Total Interest Earned section:
If the total portfolio balance in your Nexo account equals 10 000 USD, you will have to stake 1000 USD worth of NEXO Tokens. As the price of the crypto assets fluctuates, it is advisable to add more NEXO Tokens to ensure that you will not miss out on our bonus interest rates.
You can also check your Total Portfolio Balance at any time in your Nexo account:
What currency will the interest be paid out in?
The interest will be paid out in the same currency as your deposit currency (e.g. if you top up LTC, you will earn interest in LTC) or in NEXO Tokens (giving you +2% bonus).
How can I activate earning interest in NEXO Tokens for higher interest rates?
Please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Nexo account.
2. Then click on "My Profile".
3. Clink on "Settings."
4. Choose "Interest payout in NEXO tokens."
5. Congratulations you activated a +2% interest bonus on all assets held in your Savings Wallet.
Where can I see the interest I have earned from my active deposit(s)?
You can see the daily interest from active deposits accumulated in the Account section under ‘Total Interest Earned’.
After clicking on the Total Earned button, you can access detailed information about all the crypto assets and the interest you have earned so far:
We will also send a weekly email to all the clients with active deposits that are earning interest. The email will contain information about the accumulated interest for the past 7 days, per asset.
The email will include only those assets for which at least one interest transaction was credited during the past week. Тhe total amount earned will be presented in the email in US dollars for comparison. Keep in mind that you will still receive your interest payments in kind, not in USD.
How is Nexo able to pay interest on my assets?
We are committed to protecting your assets by lending them to institutions on an overcollateralized basis only, the way our crypto-backed loans work. Our rates are kept stable over time, because of Nexo’s risk policy to never lend without collateral, which results in lower yields but basically no risk.
The main benefits of Nexo’s “Earn Interest”:
- High-yield savings with a compounding interest rate of up to 12%
- A unique daily payout
- Full flexibility: use or withdraw funds at any time
- Available for BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, EOS, XLM, BCH, USDT, USDC, TUSD, DAI, PAX, HUSD, TRX, PAX Gold and BNB
- #ZeroFees — No fees, no minimum contribution requirements
- $375 million insurance on custodial assets through Lloyd’s of London
- Cold storage in bank-grade Class III vaults through the SOC 2 Type 2 certified crypto custodian BitGo
- All funds are asset-backed by Nexo’s portfolio of 200–500% overcollateralized crypto credit lines
More details concerning “Earn Interest” for specific assets: