Follow these simple steps and start earning high-yielding annual interest on your idle crypto:
1. Log in to your secure Nexo account.
Earn on Crypto is available for BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, EOS, XLM, BCH, USDT, USDC, TUSD, DAI, PAXG, USDP, BUSD, LINK, TRX, BNB, DOT, DOGE, ADA, MATIC, AXS, SOL, AVAX, FTM, ATOM, KSM, NEAR, APE, RUNE and NEXO, with more assets coming soon!
IMPORTANT! Please make sure to only transfer supported crypto assets over the respective Blockchain network supported by Nexo. Тransferring unsupported assets to your Nexo account will result in permanent loss.
3. Earn! You will start earning compounding interest after a minimum of 24 hours of your transfer. All interest is paid out daily.
Your interest is automatically paid into your Savings Wallet so that the next day you begin earning interest on it too.
As an additional benefit, the 24-hour cool-off period is not applied to assets bought with a Debit/Credit card on the Nexo Exchange. Therefore, you will receive your first corresponding yield with the interest payout the following day.
4. Enjoy your high-yield passive income.
Please note that assets held in your Credit Line Wallet (used as collateral) will not earn interest. The only exception to that is the NEXO token.
What are the interest rates (APY)?
Your interest rate is determined by:
1. Your Loyalty level.
2. The type of interest payout:
- if the interest earned is paid in kind (the same cryptocurrency), then there is no additional bonus.
- if the interest earned is paid in NEXO Tokens, then you can receive an up to 2% bonus on interest on all your holdings.
3. The type of savings term (FLEX or Fixed). Please note that Fixed Terms for Dogecoin and stablecoins are currently not available.
Due to changes applied, the exact interest rates, depending on the user’s Loyalty tier and bonuses applicable for fixed terms and/or earning in NEXO Tokens, are indicated on the Nexo platform. You can also check the highest interest rates per asset by clicking here.
Only the amount above the threshold in your current Loyalty level is impacted. The threshold applies for each asset separately, not your entire portfolio.
For example, if you are in the Base Loyalty level and have 60,000 USD worth of BTC in FLEX terms, you will be earning up to 4% annual interest on 25,000 USD, and up to 2.5% annual interest on the remaining 35,000 USD which are above the threshold.
How is your interest calculated?
Your interest is credited into your Savings Wallet daily and is then calculated in your upcoming interest transactions.
Daily Interest = Principal amount (in original cryptocurrency) x (APY/365)
Calculations based on 1000 ADA deposit.
1. If you are in the Platinum tier and have created a Fixed saving term & you have chosen to earn interest in NEXO Tokens, your annual interest will be 8% (5% + 1% + 2%) and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 ADA x 0.02191780% = 0.2191780 ADA (which will be converted to USD and then to NEXO Tokens)
2. If you are in the Platinum tier and have created a Fixed saving term & you have chosen to earn interest in kind (same cryptocurrency), then your annual interest will be 6% (5% + 1%), and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 ADA x 0.01596535% = 0.1596535 ADA
3. If you are in the Base tier and have created a Fixed saving term & you have chosen to earn interest in NEXO Tokens, your annual interest will be 5% (4% + 1% + 0%) and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 ADA x 0.01369863% = 0.1369863 ADA (which will be converted to USD and then to NEXO Tokens)
4. If you are in the Base tier and have created a Fixed saving term & you have chosen to earn interest in kind (same cryptocurrency), then your annual interest will be 5% (4% + 1%) and your daily interest will be calculated as follows:
1000 ADA x 0.01336806% = 0.1336806 ADA
*The interest paid in NEXO Tokens is not compounding but a simple one.
Important: Your interest rate will be adapted according to your current Loyalty tier which may vary depending on your Nexo-to-Portfolio ratio. Kindly note that the latter is influenced by the current market price of your assets including the NEXO Token.
How can I calculate the Nexo token staking required for higher interest rates?
You will need to have NEXO Tokens in your portfolio worth 10% of the total value of all your assets to be eligible for the highest interest rates. In other words, you have to be in the Platinum tier of our Loyalty Program.
The exact amount of NEXO Tokens required for the bonus interest rates at any given moment will depend on the token price and will be displayed in the Total Interest Earned section:
If the total portfolio balance in your Nexo account equals 10 000 USD, you will have to stake 1000 USD worth of NEXO Tokens. As the price of the crypto assets fluctuates, it is advisable to add more NEXO Tokens to ensure that you will not miss out on our bonus interest rates.
You can also check your Total Portfolio Balance at any time in your Nexo account:
What currency will the interest be paid out in?
The interest will be paid out in the same currency as your deposit currency (e.g. if you top up LTC, you will earn interest in LTC) or in NEXO Tokens (giving you up to +2% bonus).
How can I activate earning interest in NEXO Tokens for higher interest rates?
Please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Nexo account.
2. Then click on "My Profile".
3. Clink on "Settings."
4. Choose "Interest payout in NEXO tokens."
5. Congratulations! You have activated the up to +2% interest bonus on all assets held in your Savings Wallet.
Where can I see the interest I have earned from my active deposit(s)?
You can see the daily interest from active deposits accumulated in the Account section under ‘Total Interest Earned’.
After clicking on the Total Earned button, you can access detailed information about all the crypto assets and the interest you have earned so far:
We will also send a weekly email to all the clients with active deposits that are earning interest. The email will contain information about the accumulated interest for the past 7 days, per asset.
The email will include only those assets for which at least one interest transaction was credited during the past week. Тhe total amount earned will be presented in the email in US dollars for comparison. Keep in mind that you will still receive your interest payments in kind, not in USD.
How is Nexo able to pay interest on my assets?
We are committed to protecting your assets by lending them to institutions on an overcollateralized basis only, the way our crypto-backed loans work. Our rates are kept stable over time, because of Nexo’s risk policy to never lend without collateral.
More details concerning “Earn Interest” for specific assets:
In case you have enabled the Auto Unlock Term option or you would like to find out more about it, please refer to this article.
- 24-48h cool-off period applies to assets moved from the Credit Wallet to the Savings Wallet. This is in order to prevent improper use of the Nexo Platform and to safeguard Nexo as a company, but more importantly, our clients and investors.
The Nexo Earn Interest Product is not available for citizens or residents of certain jurisdictions, including where restrictions may apply, such as Bulgaria, Estonia and the USA.